In the event of an emergency, we will do our best to accommodate you as soon as possible; with cases of severe pain, bleeding or trauma taking priority. We may not, however, be able to do this for you at 5 o’clock, after you have finished work – you may need to come in at a time convenient to us.
Outside normal hours, all our regular patients have the dentist’s mobile phone number for advice and help.
At weekend and on bank holidays, the emergency rota will usually be where you get emergency help. Phone numbers for that and that of the NHS emergency helpline that everyone is entitled to access are given on the Practice answer machine.
Should it be necessary for the dentist to come out and open the practice to see you, then a call out charge will be payable.
Cancellations & missed appointments
We reserve time for each individual appointment, so notification would be appreciated if you are unable to attend.
We require not less than 1 working days notice to cancel an appointment of less than 1 hour, and not less that 3 working days notice to cancel an appointment of over 1 hour.
In the event of a genuine emergency cancellation, there will be no charge. However, in the event of other cancellations we will endeavour to fill the time allocated to you with another patient, but we reserve the right to charge for any time subsequently lost as a result of a cancellation or a failure to attend. Missed appointments will be charged at the full rate.
Cancellations and missed appointments cost the practice a substantial amount every year. We take the view that the majority of our patients would prefer that responsibility for this lost revenue be passed directly to the patients who cancel and miss appointments, and not spread around all patients in the form of price increases. We hope you agree that this seems like the fairest solution for everyone.
Promises and Expectations
Our promises to you:
- We will welcome you into our relaxed and professional environment.
- We will listen and respond to your needs.
- We will provide the best treatment available and discuss all options with you.
- We will provide a written treatment plan and estimate.
- We will make every effort to keep to your appointment times.
As a valued patient we expect you:
- To keep your appointments.
- To respect our staff and other patients.
- To pay for your treatments on time and as requested.
- To raise concerns with the practice so we can resolve them.
- To attend regular preventative care appointments to take care of any work we do for you.
- To help us to expand our practice by recommending us to your family and friends.